There are many Surgical Tech schools in Denver, Colorado that can help you prepare to become a surgical technician. The demand for Surgical Technicians is great so it is a very good career to get into and the time spent in tech school can be well rewarded. Denver surgical tech schools offer two-year associate degree programs and one-year certificate programs. See what surgical tech schools in Denver are available near you.
Surgical Technician Schools in or Near Denver
Everest College offers you hands-on career education in some of America’s most established career fields. Benefits include:
- Programs that can be completed in as little as one year (when progressing at a normal rate), allowing you to get the training you need and into the work force as quickly as possible.
- Courses taught by instructors who are former industry professionals eager to provide you with practical insights into the subjects they teach.
- Flexible schedules designed to meet the needs of working adults and support systems designed to help you succeed both inside and outside the classroom.
- Career Services professionals who can help you find post-graduation employment opportunities in your area-a service you can access throughout your career.
- Everest is dedicated to your success today-and tomorrow!
Surgical Technician Is A Great Choice In Careers
There are many careers available in the medical field. Many people fresh out of school may not realize the many choices they have. There is a need for more employees in all phases in medicine and the Surgical Technician is one of the top most needed positions. It is believed that the demand for Surgical Techs will be up to an increase of about 30% (faster than average) over the next decade.
The average salary for surgical technicians in Denver is approximately $52,510 per year. Not bad for just 24 months of studying. The wages vary from large city hospitals to small town hospitals but the need is everywhere so there is a good chance of landing a job as soon as you get out of school. If you want to help save lives and work side by side with the surgeons and nurses, this is a good occupation to consider. (Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.)
Responsibilities of a Surgical Technician
The duties of the Surgical Technician are vital to the success in the operating room. The tech has to make sure all instruments, needles, and other equipment in the operating room are sterile. You will be working with, and assisting, the surgeons, registered nurses, and other medical staff in the room. You will need to hand the surgeon the instruments and supplies as they request them. You have already laid out all needed equipment and supplies before the surgery begins. You also have to prepare the patient for surgery. You may be asked to assist in bandaging the patient or other duties after surgery. Take your time to research before you make your decision in the medical position you want to pursue.